Thursday, March 27, 2008

2008 Predictions Are Here!

Well the time has finally come for me to post my pre-season predictions for this 2008 season.

Royals
HR Leader: Alex Gordon (23 HR)
AVG Leader: Billy Butler (.312)
RBI Leader: Billy Butler (97 RBI)
SB Leader: Alex Gordon (17 SB)
Runs Leader: David DeJesus (96 R)

ERA Leader: Zach Greinke (3.94 ERA)
Wins Leader: Zach Greinke (13 W)
Strikeout Leader: Gil Meche (142 K)
Saves Leader: Joakim Soria (31 SV)

Biggest Disapointment: Brian Bannister
Biggest Surprise: Joey Gathright

Best Off-Season Move: Jose Guillen
Worst Off-Season Move: Brett Tomko (is he worth 4 million dollars?)

Team MVP: Alex Gordon
2008 All-Star: Zach Greinke

AL Central Standings
1)Detroit Tigers
2)Cleveland Indians
3)Chicago White Sox
4)Kansas City Royals
5)Minnesota Twins

Royals record: 78-84

Hey I know they aren't the numbers you would like to see, but I'm trying to prevent my love of Royals baseball from influencing my predictions. Even though Guillen isn't listed in any offensive category, I think he will still have solid offensive numbers. Thoughts?

No comments: