Friday, March 21, 2008

George Brett Impressed With Gathright


If anybody has checked out the KC Star, you would have found an interesting article by Jeffrey Flanagan. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jeffrey_flanagan/story/540511.html Apparently, Out of all the players Brett has seen this spring, he has been most impressed with Joey Gathright. Even Paul Splittorff has noticed a big change this spring. Splittorff claims this is the fastest he has ever seen Joey run. This will only fuel speculation that maybe the Royals should move Teahen to 1st base in order to put Gathright in the lineup daily. George Brett also said that Joey Gathright is the best bunter on the team. I'm sure we'll see lots of Gathright whilte Guillen is serving his suspension.


Next week I'll be posting my predictions for the upcoming season. I'll be gone until Monday, so have a good Easter weekend for those who celebrate it.

1 comment:

ChasingMoney said...

I have that issue of SI.